Hello All. I'm here to stay.

begbie

I'm sure this site gets members that just have a question or two and then they bail, never to be seen or heard of again. I'd like to not be one of those people. I'm just an amateur at this, and I of course have a few questions about the eastern side of the USA that I'm not too familiar with. I'm sure 99.9% of them can be answered by simply doing some reasearch and not pestering everyone here for the basic stuff, which I intend to avoid unless I'm being impossibly lazy at the time (should be rarely) or I'm wearing my dunce cap and can't seem to find the answers anywhere else.

Anyway, It's nice to meet you all. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA. About a 4 hour drive to Cherry Springs State Park where I plan to take many road trips to. I used to own a 14" meade, but I had to leave it in California since it was too heavy and wouldn't fit in the car for the trip back to Pittsburgh.

I'm mainly a photographer by trade (Feel free to check out my IG gallery @daitokei) and I'm very interested in continuing my astrophotography pursuits. Even overalls with a wide angle lens and some star trail shots would be fun. Looks like the CSC is showing for some clear skies for Saturday night... Hmm... Perhaps a road trip is in order.

Take care and a pleasure to be here!

Hi and welcome to SGL - Good to have you on board. As a photographer myself a number of tears ago, I took up astro photography thinking that it couldn't be that different - Wrong!!! If you have any questions then do ask. Imaging is a different world.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Begbie and welcome to the forum. As others above have said, please don't hesitate to ask any question you feel need answering on a problem you have at hand, there are many of us who are glad to help and it is this that makes SGL a great astronomical community. Just pop a question under the appropriate section and the answers should arrive in no time.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Archived