Hi there!

KirbyTheFox

Hi folks,

Been lurking around here for a few weeks and I figured i'd introduce myself. Pretty new to the whole serious astronomy thing.

Used to love looking up at the sky when I was younger but living in the London suburbs it was always sub-optimal for seeing anything exciting really.

Recently moved out to Suffolk and in addition to USAF jets all over the sky I marvelled at just how dark the skies here are, After much research I decided on buying a Skywatcher Heritage 130p which I got today, Unfortunately there is just lots of cloud to see at the moment. Oh well! 

Cant wait to actually get out and see something and share my experiences here, I'm sure there'll be questions too.

Danny

Hi Danny and welcome to the forum. You might want to think about downloading some free planetarium software called "Stellarium" which is popular among many observers here and will certainly help you learn he sky when the clouds come in - and stay in!  :grin:

Wishing you clear skies soon for your new scope.

Archived