SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ebay Job Lot!!

big bedroom

Looks like someone will be having a lot of fun smuggling that lot past her indoors :D

Have to say though only one or two of the scopes has there dust cap on so I doubt the job lot is worth anything more than spares and repairs or maybe build projects. I know us astronomers like to have a lot of telescopes but this really would be taking things to the extreme. My best bet this is a bunch of customer returns that had something missing or was faulty.

Would not mind a closer look at that tubular tripod in the middle w/ the circular top...but I don't think I'd buy the lot just for that. Looks a solid little thing tho... 

So, if anyone here goes for the lot, let me know about that 'pod! 

Looks like it could be a good purchase for somebody, Southend it is a bit far for me to go and collect them?  Then of course, where would I store them, already have telescope gear in three rooms around the house :grin:   Do not think Mrs C would like for 'stuff' (as she calls it) around the place.

Peter

Someone could set up there own Astroboot with that lot! I only live 90 minutes away but it all looks like a can of worms to sort out. You could get there to find no primary mirrors in any of the OTA's!  :eek:

The guy lives 5mins from my daughter and I'm visiting her tomorrow so gave the guy a phone and will try and get round to him to check out what they are like.

To be honest it doesn't sound promising apparently they got them as a job lot at a auction about 1yr ago they don't know anything about telescopes and have stored them in a warehouse  

There might be a couple of decent ones amongst them, but it depends if there is a reserve price on them. As they are all second hand, I wouldn't go much above the starting price. They really need to be looked at first before bidding on them. Once you place your bid on Ebay, you are committed, unless someone else outbids you.

Looks like quite a haul. I'd like to know where it all came from. Is there a Dr.Phibes out there building some horrifying multi scope ?

Nick.

Reading the Q £ A's at the end of the listing, he mentions bankrupt stock. He also says he knows nothing about any of it!!

Looking at the questions and answers at the end of the photos, the guy mentions that only one has its mirrors.......unless I have read that wrong!

You're quite right Geospacial.

Only one of the standing tubes has a mirror and one of the tripod mounted ones.

So, you might only have two scopes with any chance of an easy restoration....if they have focussers....and secondaries.

Archived