SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Filter Wheel and Filters

Hi guys,

I'm looking to invest in a filter wheel and number of filters (IR Block, RGB as a start with Narrowband later down track).

I currently image DSO using DSLR and Planetary with small mono-CCD that i normally use for guiding. Within 12 months i'll be upgrading from DSLR to a hefty b&w CCD.

Now options are 2" or 1.25" Filter Wheels and Filters, what is the better of the two to get for imaging?

I currently have 2x1.25" filters for my observing but that's a completely different purpose.

All I know is that 2" is more costly than 1.25".

Help is appreciated.

Hi Arseir,

I use a pair of QSI 583 and 683wsg CCD cameras. They incorporate filter wheels and off axis guide prisms. Filter wheels take 1.25" filters, so a lot cheaper to populate with up to 8 filters if needed. Just depends upon model. Having a prism on camera means once set up, focus stays correct what ever you do with the scope focusser. I like them, they are well made.

Derek

Hi Arseir,

I use a pair of QSI 583 and 683wsg CCD cameras. They incorporate filter wheels and off axis guide prisms. Filter wheels take 1.25" filters, so a lot cheaper to populate with up to 8 filters if needed. Just depends upon model. Having a prism on camera means once set up, focus stays correct what ever you do with the scope focusser. I like them, they are well made.

Derek

Sorry Aeseir, this ipad is awful to use correction for your name.

Archived