Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

I'm going as fast as I can fellas just don't swap out the pie and peas for a gallows!

Or even a wicker man .... the actual wicker man from the origjnal film was built and burnt in a field not far from the site !

• Like 1

Or even a wicker man .... the actual wicker man from the origjnal film was built and burnt in a field not far from the site !

Oh no! Better double my efforts!

Oh Dear,

Everyone now is obsessed with observatories!!!!

I do not have one ....................................

• Like 1

Hope you do make it Mike. If not, next one is in Feb '16

Sent from my Fone

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Mike. I am going to be there but probably with a borrowed scope so in the same bucket so to say

Damian

Don't think I'll be making this trip either at the moment.

Kieran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear Kieran. Maybe the one in spring?

Hi Kieran,

Hope you are able to make it, would be good to meet up again.

I have been given a pass out for the Thursday [emoji106], so 3 nights instead of just 2 [emoji3]

Sent from my Fone

• Like 3

Hi Keiran ,who`s going to do the video documenting if you can  not make it!  Hope you can make it,if not i look forward to catching up with you next year  :grin:

Regards

Mike

Well it's about a month to go. Here is a view from the campsite tonight.

Andy

IMG34784.jpg

Looks great, fantastic lens that is

Talking Observatories.... Im about to start on a wee project to build a mobile observatory. The Set up is based on a Mercedes Benz front line ambulance. Having my own garage business will allow me to build at my own pace as and when the  time and pennies permit !  The plan is to have a large sliding roof hatch installed,  fit an electric elevating pier system and then a hydraulic self leveling system to stabilize the unit. It is already insulated and has a warm air heating system for when the clouds dont play ball. sound good but will take a but time but hopefully ready for next years season. ill run a wee blog on its progress. Here is a picture of the stripped out interior. I just need a small fridge and some optics but not the viewing type.. lol

Mobile Observatory  aka Mission Control

Edited by ASTROSTUART
  • Like 2

Looks great, fantastic lens that is

Its a starlight Xpress Oculus  helped out by a fantastic sky last night.  2nd one in 8 days though.

• Like 1

Nice one Andy  :grin:   hope you and Sandra are keeping okay?

Regards 

Mike 

ps it`s cloudy in Newcastle

Hi Mike, Sandra is doing well, really likes the caravan rather than a tent but has agreed to one last time in the tent for next month's party.

It has been clear here all night. pity my computer crashed at 2:30 this morning :( Mind you we have had 6 nights of clouds and rain and it took til Sunday to solve the usb issues with my mount hub pro.

Andy

Edited by AndyKeogh

Talking Observatories.... Im about to start on a wee project to build a mobile observatory. The Set up is based on a Mercedes Benz front line ambulance. Having my own garage business will allow me to build at my own pace as and when the  time and pennies permit !  The plan is to have a large sliding roof hatch installed,  fit an electric elevating pier system and then a hydraulic self leveling system to stabilize the unit. It is already insulated and has a warm air heating system for when the clouds dont play ball. sound good but will take a but time but hopefully ready for next years season. ill run a wee blog on its progress. Here is a picture of the stripped out interior. I just need a small fridge and some optics but not the viewing type.. lol

Vibrations are going to be your main problems I think, but very interesting project.

• Like 1

Hi Mike, Sandra is doing well, really likes the caravan rather than a tent but has agreed to one last time in the tent for next month's party.

It has been clear here all night. pity my computer crashed at 2:30 this morning :( Mind you we have had 6 nights of clouds and rain and it took til Sunday to solve the usb issues with my mount hub pro.

Andy

Glad to hear you are both OK. Be nice to catch up next month. Annette will be driving me nuts again with the clicking and wool.  :p

Derek

Glad to hear you are both OK. Be nice to catch up next month. Annette will be driving me nuts again with the clicking and wool.  :p

Derek

I have had clicking all week together with many curses when things are not going right.

Good to meet up again next month.

Sandra is looking forward to pictures of the bridesmaid :grin:

Andy

Edited by AndyKeogh