Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

Nice image Kenny well worth the windy days to get the clear nights we got, glad u got back ok mate, take it easy and see u feb.

Jamie

• Like 1

Cheers Damien, best images to date, a lot of help and advice to get there, that's the beauty of Galloway so many great guys giving help and sharing knowledge, looking forward to seeing your big boy in Feb, take it easy bud.

Jamie

• Like 1

Thanks Jamie,your images have come out nice too.Andromeda looks great.

Definetly worth it mate,i'll try and post some more images when i get time.

Look forward to catching up again in Febuary.

Kenny

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Full of intention in getting out back home, guess what it's raining!!!!! cracking clear skies yesterday morning hopefully clearer at weekend so can set up mount out back and practice practice on eqmod and a.p.t take it easy mate.

Jim

• Like 2

Hi folk's,there's naff all on the telly all night so i thought id post a few images from another excellent Galloway star camp.post-17547-0-54672100-1448062695_thumb.jpost-17547-0-94321700-1448062778_thumb.jpost-17547-0-51117400-1448062829_thumb.jpost-17547-0-56819100-1448062889_thumb.j

• Like 2

Well done big man!

Feb needs to be better, well while I'm there [emoji54]

Sent from my Fone

• Like 1

Looks like there are some nice images starting to come through from tha camp. I'm glad you all got something in between the windy bits.

Might get some clear patches here at home this weekend after the snow and rain tonight. Trouble is the light pollution. Roll on next year at Galloway for you lads.... and lasses of course! I won't be there but will endeavour for something at Kielder. Keep the images coming.

Mike and I will be down at Billingham on Sunday to attend John Nichol's course on mirror making. We will see Damian there giving his talk. That should be fun, The course I mean! ;)

Not sure how Damian will handle us hecklers at the back...............

:) :) :)

Derek

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1

We might heckle but we have some little gifts for Damian to help with the optics  :eek: .

Lets hope the snow which is falling as i type does not hold us up, i mean any more than two snowflakes and the whole place  grinds to a halt   :mad:

Mike

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll cope guys but alas the scope still ain't finished!

Damn weather!!!!

Damian

Told you before it don't matter. We can wait............................ ................................................................

........................................................................................................?........................................................

.............?...............................................................................?......................OK that's enough!

See you Sunday.

Had an enjoyable day at the telescope making seminar with John Nichol.

At the end of the day I was presented with an emergency mirror making kit by two jokers that attended.

post-28847-0-60725400-1448223012_thumb.j

Thanks guys and the instructions are very thorough although the bottle is a bit on the wee side for the amount of mistakes I've made!

Great stuff I will place it in the trophy cabinet

Damian

• Like 5

Glad you enjoyed it all. Mike and I had a good day as well. We both thoroughly enjoyed John's talks and your bit at the end.

Derek

• Like 2

Glad you both had a good day, I'll get booked for Feb tomorrow

• Like 1

Hi Damian,

There is no need to polish off the whiskey bottles, we can achieve that ourselves quite easily........

Keep going.

Cheers

Adrian