Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Starparty 2015

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks fantastic Kenny, I'm still undecided on the bottle front!

Car all packed waiting for the big trip!

Damian

Cheers Damian,just a quick shot on tripod while we were havin tea.

Look forward to catching up again pal.

Hi all another great night went to bed reluctantly around 5 ish someore good viewong/imaging skies just perfect

Processing images so will try and download some later signal here is not great for that.kenny's earlier pic says it all, some more guys turned up last night and amazed at skies☺

Arrived today safely and as warm a welcome as ever.

Plenty of help getting the tent up but must've picked the only ten minutes in the last three days it rained! Got a bit damp but after that the sun briefly made an appearance and dried everything.

A little bit breezy but looking forward to tonight

Damian

Arrived today safely and as warm a welcome as ever.

Plenty of help getting the tent up but must've picked the only ten minutes in the last three days it rained! Got a bit damp but after that the sun briefly made an appearance and dried everything.

A little bit breezy but looking forward to tonight

Damian

Glad you got there ok Damian guttered I'm missing it but hopefully can do Feb one hope the skies clear for you all [emoji106]

Hi All wind blowing,but skies are behaving and it`s crystal clear ,after an early start of watching the match in the warm room many have sought out sheltered corners and are imaging like there`s no tomorrow,we have had five clear night`s since last Saturday,not a bad ratio.

The pies arrived for the pie and pea supper ,Kenny has tried them and has given them a great big thumbs up,every thing looking good for raffle and pie/pea supper tomorrow afternoon.

The weathermen have got a lot to answer, for in the most they have been wrong ,this area has its own micro climate and the skies are a real treat  :grin:  

Make the effort to try a visit ,you will not be disappointed

Plenty of mount`s fettled in the warm room and with a run through of eqmod/apt for those just starting out all in all a very good day,and it`s not over yet ,skies still clear :Envy:

Regards

Mike

A lot of the lads were out braving the wind to image last night. It was clear skies until just after midnight. Not bad for a place where the weather man was predicting lousy conditions. Looking forwards to the pie and pea supper with the raffle tonight. I know that I'd we could dodge the rain drops there would be many out again.

As I said before we live in hope!

Derek

Quite a few clear spells last night and as usual the milkyway looked stunning arcing across the campsite from horizon to horizon.

The wind put paid to any serious viewing but it was a pleasure to take in the inky blackness which was occasionally pierced by lightening flashes far to the north in the direction of Newton Stewart.

Many a good tale was told into the early hours of the morning with the pleasurable company of all.

Be sad to leave but happy to know that February will be the next gathering and one I will attend without hesitation.

Damian

Safely back from Galloway after a long but thankfully uneventful journey. Big thanks to everyone there, I had a great time, with some good observing (which I honestly wasn't expecting). Even the cloudy (and windy) nights were good, with some really good company.

Cheers to all (especially Mike for organising it).

Patrick

Not long home myself. Had a safe journey but it rained every single second of the it!

Had a great laugh and was good to see everyone again. Looking forward to a relax and the camp in February.

Cheers to all who attended and made the event what it is and for the usual planning and communication from Mike. Great stuff fella

Damian

Arrived back home around 2145 hrs after yet another great Galloway star camp. Great to see old and new faces as well as the usual inky black skies. Great pies Mike (think Damian ate most of them) and well done on the organising front. Thanks also to Leslie and Ralf for their hospitality and great campsite.

Roll on February.

Sent from my Fone

Very glad to hear everyone got home without incident.

Even with all the cancellations I can say that everyone enjoyed a good few nights of clear skies. Windy at times but well worth the trip across for me. The pie and peas night went well and I hope, those that won raffle prizes enjoy their winnings.

Not sure who had the most pies...... Damian or Ian humph !!! Pot calling the kettle methinks. ;)

Well everyone has now left but me and Mike. Weather is very wet and we are plodging a bit. High winds forcast later on and for tomorrow so not away until Tuesday (caravans do not like winds, me neither).

I am sure that everyone who attended the Camp will want to pass on their praises for Mike's efforts in planning and his attention to making sure everyone was properly welcomed and looked after. As has been mentioned we all owe a big thanks to Leslie and Ralph for their welcome here.

As Mike has said in an earlier post anyone coming here is most likely not to be disappointed, a great Star Camp.

Derek

Archived