SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Galloway Autumn Starparty 2015

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Astroscot2,yes the price is per person per night------£13.00 w/o electric-------£15.00 with electric hookup,let`s have your name,nice to know who  we are talking to  :grin:

I would book asap, the event is filling up nicely, look forward to meeting you.

Regards

Mike

Is there any limit on pies per pitch!

Depends upon how big you are!

Smaller ones get more pies(cos we know yer can't eat as much).

Costs us nowt!

But don't tell anyone!

(I've think Mike does the deciding, or is it the pie committee? )

Oh heck decisions decisions!

Hi Derek,

Mike is chairman (non-pc) of the Pie Committee. Each meeting takes hours as it is necessary to taste the various malts at the same time.

The formula for pie allocation is simple:

Measurement of waist in inches / diameter of pie = number of pies per person over the week-end (rounded up, naturally).

Gravy is 1/2 cup per pie. As 2015 is not a leap year, extra pies are not available.

The proviso is the Committee are at liberty to change this in unforeseen circumstances.

Trust is info is useful.

Cheers

Adrian

Well now Adrian not sure you are quite correct there! The committee will have to meet to discuss this statement. Just have to ensure that the "Water of Life" is supplied in sufficient quantities to allow a decision to be arrived at without undue pressure.

I'm not sure that the decision would be any easier with the copious amounts of life water

You can tell that you are not a real Scotsman at heart with that statement! Shame Shame!

My Scotish ancestors will be turning -------turning!

Mind you though Smudgeball has a good point, sorry I missed that. Eat pies sensibly. The committee cannot be held responsible for lost imaging time due to over stuffed astronomers. I think the committee would agree that all pies(including peas and gravy ) must be consumed at least two hours before immaging commences.

Oh dear this is getting to silly we will just have to rely on astronomers using common sense, what ever that may be!

Just getting too complicated for an Old sod like me. Me brain hurts!

Hi Mike,

The mushy peas allocation in previous years was on the amount of air expelled later by the eater, the more air the less peas with the next pie.....

Cheers

Adrian

No pies for you then Adrian ;-)

Sent from my Fone

Archived