Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Autumn Starparty 2015

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

It got worse i put my back out after i got back :mad:

Its the clutch, doubt i'll get much change from £400 but its fixable. Think i'll spoend some dosh on it, new starter motor, Battery, leads etc full on service. Should be fine.

Cheers

LOL

It got worse i put my back out after i got back :mad:

Its the clutch, doubt i'll get much change from £400 but its fixable. Think i'll spoend some dosh on it, new starter motor, Battery, leads etc full on service. Should be fine.

Cheers

My way is to use the wife, she gets the heavy end.... :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent! Damian, not seen posting that you have booked yet, is that cos your nervous that you not have finished "that blumming" mirror by then? ;-)

Sent from my Fone

I'm booked Ian and it's gonna be finished but The rest of the scope might not be!

Damian

Just seen that there will be a cook house on site from mid May onwards that's something to look forward to in November. I'll be booking soon as got some spare pennies think I might try for the full week too.

I'm Wednesday through to Monday this time buddy  :grin:

There tends to be a mix of accommodation,as far as i`m concerned a van is much more the comfortable option,with the obvious extra work that goes with the journey,but we have been caught out i think twice in six years,high winds and torential rain,campers came off worst,but all survived------the choice is yours.

You will not regret the trip,great campsite,good mix of astronomers,food always great,and did i mention the choice of whisky/whiskey that always surface at just the right time.it is always great to catch up with old friends and new folk,looking forward to seeing you at Galloway.

Regards

Mike

Hi

This'll be my/our fourth year.

We've done two camps in my tent, last year we hired a campervan and think we'll do the same this year?

I don't think there is much in it, convienience over cost I suppose.

Do bear in mind that it can get VERY cold on the campsite. 2013 was bitter !!

A cover for your scope is a must and judging by last year, the odd rope and anchor for the scope might come in handy :eek:

Excellent campsite ( Lesley "adapts" the site for us, i.e. blackkout blinds, shrouds on lights etc)

And if the weather plays ball it's a trip to be remembered.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked Fri 13th - Mon 16th. If the weather looks promising, I may head on up there earlier or stay later. Looking forward to meeting plenty SGL members.

Patrick

I've had a rethink. I'm not going to go Friday to Monday now. I've changed it to Wednesday to Monday. Yay!

Should we all wear badges giving our names and handles? Would be nice not to have to walk up to folk and say "Who are you?"

I'm sure Ian (uplooker) did this last year?

Think it was his avatar plus username on his tent?

I'm certainly ok with that.

Good suggestion

Neil

I'm sure Ian (uplooker) did this last year?

Think it was his avatar plus username on his tent?

I'm certainly ok with that.

Good suggestion

Neil

Well done that man. Your right, I find it easier than asking people what their "handle" / avatar is on the various forums, I just tape a picture of my avatar to my tent. I am more than welcome to introduce myself and give my real identity on meeting you in person :grin:

Good on ya DeepSkyBagger on booking for this excellent SP, you will love it, clear skies or not :lipsrsealed:

Archived