Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Outreach event for Eclipse at SGLX - see update info

Mark at Beaufort

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Mark...

Sounds like an interesting add on to the day... I guess timing wise the tour(s) will be after the eclipse has finished rather than during it...

Ideally I would want to strip and pack the kit away in the car rather than leave it set up and not be around to keep an eye on it...

Peter...

Cheers Mark...

Sounds like an interesting add on to the day... I guess timing wise the tour(s) will be after the eclipse has finished rather than during it...

Ideally I would want to strip and pack the kit away in the car rather than leave it set up and not be around to keep an eye on it...

Peter...

Peter

I am expecting SGL and HAS members to arrive from 7.45am onwards. Breakfast will be available from 8am until 9am. The eclipse starts at 8.23am so if the sky is clear then members will be in situ until it ends at 10.38am.

We are expecting up to 150 school pupils who will be viewing the eclipse followed by various talks in the education room.

I am expecting that the first BT tour is going to be around 10.45am although I am open for comments on this. It is likely that the second tour will follow shortly after.

At some stage SGL members may want to see the recording of the eclipse taken by the crew flying above the Faroe Islands.

I will need further meetings with Louise before giving the final version. Helen will also be finalising her work involving the school pupils.

I just hope we have clear skies.

Hi Mark,

Like Helen, I am also a STEM ambassador (therefore covered by insurance and approved to work with children),  and I would also like to come to the outreach event and tour.

Cheers,

Justyn

As it seems that quite a few of us are going to this event and tour, will some one be staying at the camp site to keep an eye on things?

I understand that not everyone is going to the event, however, I wouldn't want to make anyone else responsible for my equipment or belongings.

If I don't want to lose it permanently then it's coming with me - within reason of course. 

As it seems that quite a few of us are going to this event and tour, will some one be staying at the camp site to keep an eye on things?

Justyn

I have had messages from some members stating that they will be staying at Lucksall. I am also pretty sure that Gary (the owner) will keep a look out if we tell him.

Just checked the numbers and 37 have said that they want to attend Madley.

Mark,

I've just asked a question in the SGLX Chatter thread about brining a dog. If that is allowed, are there any restrictions I need to be aware of at the Outreach event?

Derek

Derek

I know that members bring their dogs to Lucksall but I need to check the situation at Madley. I will get back to you.

I'm also interested if its possible to bring a dog. Mrs Twisted Lip and I are keen to come to the outreach event (and bring the SolarMax, Canon, etc for viewing and - hopefully - recording) but it'll mean we'll probably have to bring the van and therefore the dog as she's with us :/

Thanks for sorting Mark.

Cheers

Will

Archived