Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_through_the-_eyepiece.thumb.jpg.cb85f690376dcb3053c747827de6bf9e.jpg

Mark at Beaufort

Outreach event for Eclipse at SGLX - see update info

Derek that is very good news. I bought my PST in 2005 and have been seriously considering an upgrade possibly to the Lunt 50mm Ha. I might be getting around you for a look  :smiley: .

At the moment I have about 10 members wanting to go on the visit to the BT Station - you are one of them.

• Like 1

You are very welcome to have a peak through it, Mark, either at the event or at Lucksall - or both!

Hi Mark I would like to go to BT satellite station I have a Lunt ls60 solar scope which I find very good that I shall bring

Stephen

Edited by Stephen Green

Hi Mark I would like to go to BT satellite station I have a Lunt ls60 solar scope which I find very good that I shall bring

Stephen

Thanks Stephen it will be nice to see you again. Glad you are bringing the Lunt. I have added you to the official BT attendance list.

Thanks Stephen it will be nice to see you again. Glad you are bringing the Lunt. I have added you to the official BT attendance list.

Hello Mark

I would also like to be put on the BT attendance list please?

Best regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

Hello Mark

I would also like to be put on the BT attendance list please?

Best regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

Job done Hadyn. It appears quite a few members are now coming so we should have an interesting outreach event. I just hope the sun shines.

I have booked the day off work and I would love to attend :laugh:

I can take a couple of scopes, Herschel wedge and Quark along, it would also be great to meet some of you guys.

Tich if you want to lift share let me know :smiley:

Edited by Pig
  • Like 3

Will be good to meet you finally Shaun [emoji3]

• Like 1

And you too Stu :laugh:

• Like 1

I can take a couple of scopes, Herschel wedge and Quark along, it would also be great to meet some of you guys.

Shaun it will be good to meet you together with your scopes. Are you coming to Lucksall or going straight to Madley on the 20th.

• Like 1

Mark

I'm booked at Lucksall and would like to attend the outreach event. I have a white light filter for my small WO scope and I'm quite happy to let people look through that. Not fussed about the BT tour though. See you in March

Kerry 

• Like 1

Mark, I was going to travel down on the Thursday evening and find a hotel to stay in. However, If there is anywhere to stay on the campsite for 1 or 2 nights this could also be an option for me :laugh:

Shaun there is no accommodation on the campsite unless you share with someone. There is bed and breakfast nearby but the best option is the Travelodge at Hereford Grafton which would be ideal for both Lucksall and Madley (about half way between the two). Here is a link.  http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/368/Hereford-Grafton-hotel

Mark

I'm booked at Lucksall and would like to attend the outreach event. I have a white light filter for my small WO scope and I'm quite happy to let people look through that. Not fussed about the BT tour though. See you in March

Kerry 

OK Kerry be nice to see you again and thanks for the scope offer.

That looks fine Mark, I will see you there :laugh:

Shaun there is no accommodation on the campsite unless you share with someone. There is bed and breakfast nearby but the best option is the Travelodge at Hereford Grafton which would be ideal for both Lucksall and Madley (about half way between the two). Here is a link.  http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/368/Hereford-Grafton-hotel

There are those wooden cabins on the site - they might be available? 

Shaun if you book the Travelodge Grafton for the Thursday night I might be able to pick you up in the Friday morning because I will drive past this hotel on my way to Madley. We can discuss this nearer the time and exchange mobile phone numbers if that sounds ok to you.

• Like 1

Mark, that's very kind and is much appreciated, I wll check out the cabins as Kerry suggested, either way we can travel as a group :laugh: or should I say a " Cluster" :grin:

• Like 1

Kerry and Shaun - I know that there are 5/6 cabins at Lucksall but Grant/Daz are having discussions with Gary at the camp site about these units. Shaun send a PM to Grant before approaching the camp site and he will no doubt update you.

• Like 1

Kerry and Shaun - I know that there are 5/6 cabins at Lucksall but Grant/Daz are having discussions with Gary at the camp site about these units. Shaun send a PM to Grant before approaching the camp site and he will no doubt update you.

OK Mark. I had look at them when I was having difficulties with finding a suitable camper van but I have now managed to find and book one.

I have sent Grant a pm .and await his response.. sounds like a great couple of events :smiley: 

Edited by Pig

Tich if you want to lift share let me know :smiley:

I dunno what I'll be taking with me probably a couple of scope's one to image the other to view through but guess I'll know nearer the date, be great to catch up again.

I would like to attend the outreach event if there is a place available please.