Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Full Moon

JB80

I guess I needed the full moon to complete the run, seeing was exceptionally good too. Some of the best looking panels after stacking I have seen.

There are 25 panels to this one all up, taken with 6" newt and asi120mm with red filter.

All processed in ICE and photoshop, I'm going to try and get one done in AI3.0 if I get time.

15582686464_280c3d3ba9_b.jpg

16205166955_de203575df_b.jpg

Thank you everybody. :)

I have done a repro this time in AI3 but to get Astraimage to work with it I had to resize the total image so I went for a 50% resize. It's hard to tell but if I put the two images side by side I can definitely see this one is sharper.

I'm going to try another repro doing things entirely different and in an extremely time consuming way but at least if I try it this way I'll know if it's worth the effort or not.

I'm still going to have a go at that animation that was mentioned in another thread too but it may be a day or two away.

16025962220_cb945c6afe_b.jpg

Thanks guys!

What I like about tis image is the level of detail given the the brightness of a full Moon.

The reflective material at the bottom of the small crates has been nicely captured.

It is trickier than you would think, you don't get as much room to move with contrast and lighting as you do on a half moon. I have tried to keep things to small subtle changes because I think you can quickly lose a lot by being too heavy handed in the processing.

OK, this is going to be my final process of this, it is to my eyes a very subtle improvement again on the last image I posted. It has taken some of the harshness out of the highlights and really you can only tell slightly when you are zoomed right it. Still I think it's a bit of a smoother result.

This one I really had to fight to get it to stitch without any artefacts, I was one failed attempt away from trying to do it manually(heaven forbid :p ).

I decided to try and do most of my sharpening before stitching this time, the main reason I don't normally do that is because it took AI3.0 8 hours to get through I all first but I do think it is worth the extra effort in the end. I think I should upgrade to the paid version though because it takes an eternity.

Truth be told I still find things I would like to have done better and it definitely looks better at a smaller size than full but I'm not certain whether it's the limitations of the data or processing and after a few straight days working on it I need to focus on something else. And yes, I am being overly critical. :D

Anyway, my final(for now) Wolf Moon!

16036381349_ccf9497675_b.jpg

http://www.astrobin.com/full/146521/0/

Archived