Hello from Greece

aradiel

Hello !

My name is Christophe and I live in Greece. I'm a self-taught proffessional photographer.

I remember myself as a kid watch the night sky and being curious about the stars and that strange "cloud" in the sky. Who could imagine that some years later I would be capable of photographing the Milky Way ?

So, yes, I always liked astronomy and the stars, but what really pushed me forward to learn more things was photography.  

I experimented a lot with my equipment (Nikon DSLR cameras and wide angle lenses) but just recently I decided that I must take the next step and so I bought myself a Vixen Polarie Star Tracker. I haven't "played" with it yet due to winter and the not so clear skies of this time of year but I look forward to when the spring comes.

I dont have a telescope yet as I want to experiment more with my current equipment, but I believe some time in the future I will buy, probably when I feel more ready.

Along with Polarie, I also  bought the amazing book "Make Every Photon Count", and I'm currently reading it and learning new things.

You can see some of my (wide) astro photos here :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/christophephoto/

I'm also posting my latest Milky Way shot, just a single exposure with Nikon D800 and Samyang 14mm lens @ f/2.8 & 20 sec exposure at ISO 3200.

Thank you !

post-39588-0-44079400-1420388338.jpg

Hi Christophe, great picture! You've helped my decide that my next purchase will be a wide angle lens!

Yesterday I ordered the book 'make every photon count' I've heard others say how good it is, I can't wait to get it!

Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived