Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunt Ls50THa

jabeoo1

17 minutes ago, DRT said:

I just looked on the Lunt website to see if I could order the FeatherTouch. Yikes! The shipping costs nearly 50% of the cost of the focuser and there will be import tax to pay when it gets here. I'll email FLO to see if they plan to import them. Even if they do, the current exchange rate is likely to make this a very expensive upgrade :rolleyes2:

Pretty sure FLO can bring in whatever you want Derek, but you might have to wait a while until their next shipment. Might be a much more economic way of doing it though?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Pretty sure FLO can bring in whatever you want Derek, but you might have to wait a while until their next shipment. Might be a much more economic way of doing it though?

It should be, Stu. $109 to ship something the size of a large plum just feels a bit OTT to me :eek:

5 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

Sounds like in-focus is going to be the same. Although I have two different focusers and there was 1/2mm of difference between when fully in. Doesn't sound much, but my DMK21 only just focuses even with a cut down nosepiece and shorter eye piece holder on the diagonal.

That's very useful info - thanks

3 hours ago, DRT said:

I just looked on the Lunt website to see if I could order the FeatherTouch. Yikes! The shipping costs nearly 50% of the cost of the focuser and there will be import tax to pay when it gets here. I'll email FLO to see if they plan to import them. Even if they do, the current exchange rate is likely to make this a very expensive upgrade :rolleyes2:

Starlight Instruments and Moonlite will be launching new focusers to fit Lunt solar scopes, we intend to stock them both.

Currently we are expecting the Moonlite models to arrive first but I will post an update as soon as we have a price and ETA. Promise :smile: 

HTH, 

Steve 

15 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Great news! Has the arrival of a replacement focuser ever been more keenly awaited in SGL history? 

I can see a couple of hundred wobbly helical focusers appearing on ABS UK for £10 each any time soon :lol:

3 hours ago, DRT said:

I can see a couple of hundred wobbly helical focusers appearing on ABS UK for £10 each any time soon :lol:

Haha - definitely Derek. 

Btw, do you ever use your 2" EP holder on the Lunt? I'm wondering whether to get one to see if I can use my Leica asph zoom in 2" mode.

21 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Haha - definitely Derek. 

Btw, do you ever use your 2" EP holder on the Lunt? I'm wondering whether to get one to see if I can use my Leica asph zoom in 2" mode.

I have never managed to use the 2" EP holder as none of my 2" EPs reach focus :sad:

agreed, on its own it looks very nice, if a little chunky. One other thing to note.... the red wont be the same colour red as the etalon section on the scope.  Maybe not an important consideration, but it might look a little odd.  The second batch will be black single speed I'm told.  He's quoting ~$50 for delivery, which is more reasonable !

Myself I've have a slight preference for the feathertouch, having had both focussers, and a stronger preference for improved exchange rates....

• 5 weeks later...
On 10 August 2016 at 13:46, FLO said:

Starlight Instruments and Moonlite will be launching new focusers to fit Lunt solar scopes, we intend to stock them both.

Currently we are expecting the Moonlite models to arrive first but I will post an update as soon as we have a price and ETA. Promise :smile: 

The Moonlite focuser for Lunt-50 is now in stock but I think it will be a while longer before we have the Starlight Instruments model. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 1 month later...

For those interested:

It is possible to screw the Baader Clicklock 1.25" eyepiece adapter directly to the B400/B600 blocking filter & gain focus without any extras.   Its pretty much the same dimensions as the stock one just a bit sturdier to use.    :) 

DSCN0733.JPG

Archived