Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Blazar

28/12 - Theophilus, Cyrillus & Catherina (inc Rupes Altai)

Another one. Apologies. Though this one needs some explanation. Its a favourite set of craters of mine (so apologies for keep shooting them). I used the usual set-up as per my other images, but I wanted to try something else out when it came to post processing. So this one was the first to get the new treatment, It allowed pushing the sharpness up, though it does seem to increase the highlights (so will look at that). my question was however...is the sharpness to much? The quality of the AVI was really good, and again only frames of 75% or better quality were used in the stacking. 

Cheers for looking, and any responses welcomed. I will stop posting for a while now ;-)...you can tell its raining outside....

gallery_27945_3180_1315290.jpg

Edited by Blazar
  • Like 7

Lovely photo - very detailed and not at all too much. I like it :)

• Like 2

Thanks Michael(s)...will continue with it for a while then see what else I can do with it.

There is absolutely no need to apologise, I love looking at the great work produced by you and others in this section and always look forward to new images.

I shouldn't criticise, as I don't image, but I can see what you mean about the highlights being burnt out.

• Like 2

Alan, Thank you. Would not class it as great, as I see others work and only dream of producing images like them. The point of all of this though I think is that I enjoy taking them, and whatever the outcome, I have had a go at it.

Those highlights are tricky just processing some stuff from last night (even though all this stuff is from the 28th...and I have the 29th to do yet!)...and it was really 'soupy'...I am getting on average 15-30 usable frames out of over a thousand....so don't think any of these will see the light of day.

Appreciate the comments as always!

• Like 1

Nice detail on the craterlets and Daguerre ghost crater!  Clouded out here since NYD... :sad:

Keep 'em coming!

Well done Steve, excellent detail.

• Like 1

That's a corker Steve. The sharpness looks very good to me but maybe the exposure could be dropped a bit?

It's hard when the seeing is good as it can really effect how much or little you need to do in post processing. Still that is an excellent image.

• Like 2

Cheers Jarrod. Agree the exposure was a tad high. will need to work on that a bit more ;-)

• Like 1

I'm having the same trouble with last nights, some of the highlights are blown out a bit but from a far it looks alright.

Still I think with your picture it gives it quite a nice look of sunlight beating down on the area and makes the image pop a bit.

• Like 1