Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_peoples_choice_2018_winners.thumb.jpg.d8ce9c6569dfc2f48814f6d87da46170.jpg

Qualia

White Light 3rd Jan 2015

A pleasantly active Sun today in white light. Quite a few sunspot groups and regional pores. Faculae wasn't so apparent with most activity taking place on the east and west limbs. AR 2253 (the main grouping) is putting on an excellent display with quite a lot of complexity taking place. Here's a quick sketch I made this morning:

post-21324-0-75006800-1420295414_thumb.j

• Like 8

Rob, i assume that is a sketch and not a Photograph, by eck its a good one, no Solar here, just a lot of cloud, thank you for sharing your fine work

• Like 1

LoL at quick sketch, very nice indeedy  :laugh: I couldn't draw like that with any amount of practice.

The sun popped its head out for about 2 seconds here just now, unfortunately I need 20 seconds to get my set up ready for solar observing :smiley:

• Like 1

Nice sketch. Well done noting that Northern pore. It wasn't easy to see even in good conditions.

• Like 1

Thanks for the view, Rob, a sweet disc indeed! Clouded out here, alas, but have had a good run of late so am due some gloom!

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

Thank you for your kind words and warm sentiments. Really enjoying the Sun this week; the seeing is steady and the weather is warm. Have just made another sketch so will post it up.