Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the Isle of Wight!

chadpowell

Hi all!

I'm a 23 year old astrophotographer and I primarily focus on implementing the surrounding landscapes of the Isle of Wight with the night sky. 

I've just purchased the Skywatcher Star Adventurer from FLO after having a chat with Steve on the phone (super nice guy). I'm going to start tracking my sky exposures to get cleaner shots, can't wait to get it next week and try it all out (I'll probably end up asking numerous questions regarding it when I do as it's totally new to me)

For whoever is interested, see below for some of my favourite images from 2014.

Kind regards,

Chad

Galactic Rainbow

"Galactic Rainbow" Castle Haven

Adventureland at Blackgang Chine

The Moon Behind St Catherine's Oratory

Lights of Cherbourg at Castle Cove

St Catherine's Light House

Flowers Brook

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! 

Welcome - Do you know of Ainsley Bennett, also on the IOW??

Look him up on Flickr, he does similar things to this.

Yes, I'm aware of Ainsley Bennet, don't know him on a personal level though.

Hi all!

I'm a 23 year old astrophotographer and I primarily focus on implementing the surrounding landscapes of the Isle of Wight with the night sky. 

I've just purchased the Skywatcher Star Adventurer from FLO after having a chat with Steve on the phone (super nice guy). I'm going to start tracking my sky exposures to get cleaner shots, can't wait to get it next week and try it all out (I'll probably end up asking numerous questions regarding it when I do as it's totally new to me)

d

Kind regards,

Chad

Hi, Great & Magical Shots , i was in Ventnor Sept 2014 , really enjoyed it. Just to say  I am in the same boat , got the Star adventurer  a few weeks now but not polar aligned it yet , probably very simple but sounds complicated. Will have a go soon and let you know what its like. Have found motor runs well on USB Juice Bank , so no trailing power cables. Still messing about with the right tripod set up as heavy duty tripod a bit unstable with 2kgs on , can't imagine putting 5kgs on it! Good luck too . Dave

Hi all!

Kind regards,

Chad

WELCOME!!!!!

Hi Chad,

Welcome to SGL and 2015.  I also recently acquired an Star Adventurer and currently awaiting the return of one of my 600D's from having it's filter removed so that I can do some serious imaging.  Love the posted pics, good job!   I'ver been experimenting (I have to say with varying results!) with 'painting' a foreground object with coloured light during long night exposures - something I'd seen done by others - can look very effective and sure beats PS !

Paul  (The BSG)

Archived