Narrowband

Stellarium - creating a star chart for current view

I have thought i would include this for a newcomer to create a star chart with Stellarium and print it off, it is quiet easy using your current view.

• Press F2 this takes you to the configuration window navigate to the Tools tab and check invert colours is checked then return to the main tab and save settings.
  • Using keys select Ctrl + S this will take a snapshot of current view.
  • then goto your Picture folder thare should be a folder there labelled Stellarium your picture should be here.
  • I have done one here for Orion.
  • post-31880-0-22877900-1420187184_thumb.p

It is a very handy facility - Assuming I can remember Ctrl/S bit. :p

The nice thing is that it has (rather useful) pics of DSOs embedded.

I also discovered it will display the *correctly rotated* CCD frame,

if you select the mount as "equatorial" from the menu... :)

Cheers Daiwelly.......I've used this feature many times,  and like yourself, have reminded folk how to use this feature, but I now find its use in the field impractical for my needs because I need lighting to read it? Even red lighting can be  too bright!  I prefer to have no lights, being better for my eyes. I know its not pitch dark outside, and its still possible under Star light to read a document, but when I use my Dob tent,  its even darker in there, but Its still a great feature in as much as you can print ANY Star chart/map you desire and in whatever scale and orientation you desire.  Just don't  degrade your night vision  by using too bright a lamp, once your eyes have become dark adapted.

Archived