Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pelican Nebula HST

paulobao

The dso has excellent detail even down to a clear hh555 which is a nice detail check on the pelican.

For me the red ring around stars does detract from the dso quality a little colour noise management on should help. I would use select brightest stars if you have the Ps plug ins then expand selection a little and run colour noise management as would not want to touch detail in dso or try a little blur and see if that keep colour and tones down halos. Plentyof other tools to try if you have the actions.

But not to detract from a great image.

Paddy

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the comments!

All the 3 multi channel images I posted here recentely (The Wizard, The Crescent + Soap and the Pelican) are still in an early stage of production! I used a Tecra R840 known for bad color accuracy! From now on (I celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday!) I will use another kind of beast with 98% SRGB color accuracy and 221 dpi.  I hope to improve the final results :-).

Yes, I have lots of tools to use with PS and, I use PI (comercial version) too, since 2009!

I will post the final (?) images in the corresponding threads as soon I process it!

Cheers,

paulo

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the comments!

All the 3 multi channel images I posted here recentely (The Wizard, The Crescent + Soap and the Pelican) are still in an early stage of production! I used a Tecra R840 known for bad color accuracy! From now on (I celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday!) I will use another kind of beast with 98% SRGB color accuracy and 221 dpi.  I hope to improve the final results :-).

Yes, I have lots of tools to use with PS and, I use PI (comercial version) too, since 2009!

I will post the final (?) images in the corresponding threads as soon I process it!

Cheers,

paulo

Well first Happy Birthday!

Not being critical just trying to help - I have suffered from this problem previously and as I newbie to all this was very frustrating.  Sure with some more processing and application of the tools or whatever you see best the red halo's will go and the DSO will stand out in all its glory!  Shame to detract from the excellent dso - the new 'beast' will help I am sure but don't give up on these images, little more processing and will be very worthy indeed.

Paddy

Critical is good, don't worry  :smiley: .  I will try my best in the next processing! And I will try to watch the image in various screens (there is a tremendous difference from screen to screen not only color wise but in resolution!)

Cheers,

paulo

Archived