SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Shropshire

JC748S

Just joined today and appreciate the quick response to my other topic post regarding advice on the Bresser Messier NT-203 on EXOS2 EQ5 GoTo mount.

I live in Bridgnorth so have good access to reasonably dark skies within a few minutes' drive and also about 20 minutes from the Long Mynd, one of my favourite local mountain bike areas too. Home viewing is restricted by neighbours' houses and tall trees.

Regards,

John 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello John and welcome from a fellow Salopian - well, I still count Telford as being part of Shropshire even if that is no longer technically correct!

If you haven't already, you should come and check out Shropshire Astronomical Society:

http://www.shropshire-astro.com/main/home-page/about-us

Regular meetings are held at Rodington but other events are held around the county, including a couple of visits to Severn Valley Country Park.

Edit - Haha, just saw your post in your other thread! Yes, you should definitely join SAS  :smiley:

Hello John and welcome from a fellow Salopian - well, I still count Telford as being part of Shropshire even if that is no longer technically correct!

If you haven't already, you should come and check out Shropshire Astronomical Society:

http://www.shropshire-astro.com/main/home-page/about-us

Regular meetings are held at Rodington but other events are held around the county, including a couple of visits to Severn Valley Country Park.

Edit - Haha, just saw your post in your other thread! Yes, you should definitely join SAS  :smiley:

Hi and thanks for your welcome. As part of my research I found my way to the SAS web site. I couldn't see the date of the next meeting unless I was looking the wrong place. Can you help?

Best regards,

John

Hi and thanks for your welcome. As part of my research I found my way to the SAS web site. I couldn't see the date of the next meeting unless I was looking the wrong place. Can you help?

Best regards,

John

They don't seem to have put the 2015 dates on the website yet. According to the newsletter, the next meeting is on 17th January at Rodington.

If you can, do come along. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Hi John and welcome to SGL. Some nice dark skies around the Long Mynd!

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your welcome and absolutely right about the Long Mynd. Fortunately there are some good darker sky areas close to home also where me and my children have observed comets, lunar eclipses etc., over the years. Also now with the power saving policy for street lighting in force in Shropshire, we can enjoy darker skies at home after 12:30AM!!!

Best regards,

John

They don't seem to have put the 2015 dates on the website yet. According to the newsletter, the next meeting is on 17th January at Rodington.

If you can, do come along. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Thanks Gareth, I've made a note of the date.

Best regards,

John

Archived