SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

celestron sky sync gps

Hello

looking for a bit of help and advice, I have a celestron nextstar 8 se with starsense camera and gps accessory, last night 30 Dec I had my first trial set up, all seemed to perform well the info from the  gps unit displayed the correct time, and lat and lng on the starsense hand control after locking onto satellites but not the year, that stayed at 12/30/13, today the 31st  the display reads 12/31/13, zone +0, dst no, so it is counting off the days but stuck in 2013. 

I tried the solar system button on the hand set and that displayed visible objects, Jupiter and Uranus but not the moon, that would have been the case in 2013 on that particular night, but last night the moon was there in all its glory. 

I have tried everything I can think of to change the year to 2014 to no avail.

I have had the scope for just over a year and purchased the camera and gps during the summer so this is my first attempt with this configuration.

All the set up is new but the supplier is closed for the new year so no help from them at the moment, if anyone has any suggestions that could help I would be very grateful.

Cheers John.

celestron nextstar 8 se on celestron single arm mount

starsense camera

skysync gps

celestron RACI finderscope

starsense hand control

ver 01.07.13311

bld nov 7 2013

starsense camera

ver 01.01.13285

motor control

mdl 618