Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some Lunar from the 29th December

philj

Taken with my Meade 127 EDT refractor and QHY IMGOH mono camera.

I took this 3 pane mosaic of the terminator at native f7.5 fl whilst waiting for the scope to cool. I now do these quickies to assist in taking close up mosaics.

terminator.jpg

Rima Hyginus - Taken with Vixen LV 2x barlow giving F15 ish. Mosaic of 9 panes, each pane 2000 from 3000 frames, PIPP, AS2, Registax and stitched manually in PS. Ive turned the lights up to bring the terminator detail out a little more. This is at the expense of blowing some of the highlights but I wanted to look in the shadows.

Rima%20Hyginus.jpg

A single frame with the 2x barlow of Appenine Valley, Plato and Pico

Appenine%20Valley.jpg

I like the full terminator shot - nicely done.  Nice to see into the shadows too around Hyginus - something struck me as odd about your image of it - to took me a while to work out it's reversed east-west.  My brain's still cold from last night...

I like the full terminator shot - nicely done.  Nice to see into the shadows too around Hyginus - something struck me as odd about your image of it - to took me a while to work out it's reversed east-west.  My brain's still cold from last night...

Just testing, congrats you've passed :grin:  :grin: :grin:  I was thinking of flipping it but I stuck with this orientation

Thanks folks. Im quite pleased with them, Ive not used the Meade on lunar for some time, I usually reserve lunar for my Mak180 but decided on the 127 that night cos its more maneageable than the mak to lift on to the obs mount, my old frozen shoulder was playing up in the cold, an old war wound ya know :-)

I was tempted to image again last night but spent a couple of hours visual through my 4" f15 on lunar messing with filters and stuff.

Archived