Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pleiades M45

BenDavis

Morning all,  my first ccd of pleiades taken last night. I took about 5hours of LRGB with the MN190 and 383l+. I'm fairly pleased with it, any tips on improvement of processing? (Used Photoshop after DSS) I'm not having much luck with flats so there are not any!

post-35206-0-69067300-1419852466_thumb.j

Hi Ben,

Nice image. I have the same chip but in QSI camera. They are really good. I'll have to try this when time and weather permit. Nothing seems to beat time, patience  and a good ccd. I'm trying to do flats with a Gerd Neumann screen, but not had the time as yet.

How long were your subs?

regards,

Derek

Hi Ben,

Nice image. I have the same chip but in QSI camera. They are really good. I'll have to try this when time and weather permit. Nothing seems to beat time, patience and a good ccd. I'm trying to do flats with a Gerd Neumann screen, but not had the time as yet.

How long were your subs?

regards,

Derek

Thanks, yes they are a good ccd chip. I shot 100, 600, 900 and a few 1200 second subs.

I have more data and plan to get flats/darks etc sorted soon while I have more time this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at utube for doing flats, also you could save your file as a fits file then run it through fits liberator( free program) which then saves as a tiff file before you proceess in Ps

Thanks Bruno, i use Deep sky stacker which turns the stacked image into a fits file, is that the same? I do use liberator but only to open pre processed fits.

Thanks, yes they are a good ccd chip. I shot 100, 600, 900 and a few 1200 second subs.

I have more data and plan to get flats/darks etc sorted soon while I have more time this week!

Thanks for the info. Just gives me an idea of timings as to what is possible. I have yet to try properly to image the Pleiades.

Derek

That's well done but I'm surprized, off the top of my head, that the field is so tight.

Maybe have a look at the colour balance. To my eye it's a bit blue. I know the reflection nebulosity is blue but the background looks that way as well.  Also the right hand star in the double just upper right of centre in your image is a red star.

Olly 

That's well done but I'm surprized, off the top of my head, that the field is so tight.

Maybe have a look at the colour balance. To my eye it's a bit blue. I know the reflection nebulosity is blue but the background looks that way as well.  Also the right hand star in the double just upper right of centre in your image is a red star.

Olly 

Yes its tight, that's all the fov I had!

Thanks for the info Olly, I have checked the subs for RGB and they were equal amounts but I haven't touched the colour balance in Photoshop, they are all set in the middle I presume that means its unaltered!? Or should I be looking at that? I will add a pic without the Luminance layer.

I got flats working today, wahoo (problem with ccd shutter not closing fast enough so did stupidly long flats and less light). I think this is improved, would be good to have feedback on colour, processing etc.

I know the stars are over processed, something to correct for next time I guess!

get.jpg

Archived