stargazine_ep44_banner.thumb.jpg.6153c4d39ed5a64b7d8af2d3d6061f61.jpg

Hello Everybody!

Hi everyone. My wife; with a little guidance from a few friendly people here, purchased me a lovely new and very big skyliner 200p.

Was very cloudy last night however the moon was popping in and out. I managed to get a little glimpse at it through a 10mm lense. OH MY GOD!! There are no other words to describe what I saw. .

I have turn left at orion which I will start reading today. N I have to align it still. And maybe collimate it (one of the spider legs holding the secondary mirror was disconnected. But the moon looked ok so I might not have to.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was with my phone camera down the eye piece!

Hi, welcome to SGL The moon is a great place to start. When that's out of the way the orion nebula will look good in a 200. And then there's Jupiter - so tempting!

Hi xanthiax and welcome to S G L

A very nice gift indeed, you will have a great time observing, stay with

the Moon for a while, get some practice focusing and nudging.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Welcome to SGL and your journey around the universe and you have a great scope! like your picture of the moon too I bet your chuffed with that.

Indeed I am. I got about 20 but I thought that might be a bit spammy.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I feel like a kid, I want it to be dark so I can go out and play! Hehe.

If I get any better ones tonight I will post them.

Hi Xanthiax and welcome to SGL, very nice scope is a 200mm, good clear skies and you will be able to hunt down the many targets of interest outlined in TL@O. Nice camera phone picture of our close neighbour by the way, however tune yourself in on Jupiter, on a good night you should be able to make out several bands and the GRS, if it is in view at the time of your observation, enjoy :icon_santa:

Guys. Bit of a fail. I live in bham UK. It's a very clear light but I can't find anything other than the moon.. any ideas? The app I have says Mars is down and ain't coming up. Moon is out so Uranus is out. Venus and Jupiter ain't there. Any ideas on what I can look at today? I have some books I will start reading tomorrow, I just need a quick fix

Hi xanthiax,

I've got the 200p as well. As well as the moon I had some great views of Jupiter and it's moons last night (doesn't rise until about 8PM) and a wow moment when I found (stumbled upon!!) M42 in Orion.

Hi xanthiax,

I've got the 200p as well. As well as the moon I had some great views of Jupiter and it's moons last night (doesn't rise until about 8PM) and a wow moment when I found (stumbled upon!!) M42 in Orion.

Hi Belfieldi,

Yeah I found Jupiter in the end. Was hiding behind a building til about 11pm. Got to see the colour bands and all 4 moons! Was happy. Had a few friends round and it was very cold so didn't get to look at it for very long.

A quick question though. Is there anyway I can make it bigger? I'm using the 10mm lense that came with the scope. I'd expect it to be small just not quite that small. Would a Barlow lense help? What are they for?

I understand I should probably start a new thread but thought I'd chance it [emoji6].

Oh n new moon picture

71655bcfa0728fd95220c13318df708a.jpg