Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

comongeaff

Need Help on this one! Stellarium & Mount.

Ok Folks, 

as mentioned, just started back after short break, and my memory is terrible... sign of old age..

My scope is set up and aligned, glad that worked out...my problem is , when I use synscan controller, everything works fine, going

back to home position also good....

First......  When I connect to Stellarium on Pc,  first when I go to the stars & the objects, they are off a bit?? Any way of synconising ?

Second... when I park the Teleascope, (Btw using Eqmod).. the parking Position is a mile off!!...Come on guy.s give me hint .. What am I doing wrong..

The Day , Date , position etc is Ok..

Hope u can Help..

John

I do not think that i am going much help, in eqmod you can reset park to any were you want . sorry that the only one i can help you with.

I had to use StellariumScope to get Stellarium and a mount I was testing to work together.

Cartes du Ciel worked out the box for me...

Hi, thats the strange thing about it all.. I have Stellarium Scope running, and the conection is there... With Carte du Ciel , it works fine...

So I dont understand when I park the scope on CDC; no prob, but with Stell... its stops well away from the Home position...

Thanks for your Info , always welcome... Will have to kep on searching....  Btw... Finaly some good weather for Deep sky...

send more over..

Cu John

greetings

After you slew to your target use the eqmod arrows to center on the target then right click on it for the dropdown from there select the sync option ..

Andy ( Mansfield )

Hi Andy,,

Spot on, I have tried a few things... but that solved the Problem..

Glad you could help me..

thank you to all the others who replied

Cu John