SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help attaching 2" filters

Hello, I currently have an 8" SkyWatcher Dob with it's default 1.25"-2" converter.

I intend attaching 2" filters, and the according to Moonshane's suggestion (and here's where I thank him), I went to his post :

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/84086-novel-use-for-baader-fine-tuning-rings/

Yet I opened this topic due to the fact that I don't want to pollute an old nice topic with my lack of knowledge since I am such a beginner.So I want to ask here (maybe other people would benefit of this...)

My two questions are:

1.How am I supposed to connect that Baader FT ring to my convertor, since the convertor has no threads? (Also do you know any alternatives? I can't find the FT ring in the shops in my country) -- see the attached picture with my ensemble.

2.Won't these FT rings modify my magnification? According to the information I found in the table on this page :

http://agenaastro.com/baader-14mm-hyperion-finetuning-ring.html

they increase the magnification, and I would like the magnification unaltered.

Thank you very much,

post-40094-0-35439400-1419526270_thumb.j

post-40094-0-39789300-1419526272_thumb.j

This got me thinking, could i use a 2" filter with my 150p ds newt...........NO, only by attaching direct to the individual eyepiece, same with a Barlow element (as apposed to complete Barlow)....NO also this applies to 1.25 filters....NO.................................these blumming newts are very limited  :grin:

Archived