Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

totally baffled.

Earl

What has puzzled me is the uneven angles of the lines.

I have worked out why my PA was out, It was my first time using drift in PHD.

At least its in a rough area now.

The camera and reducer is coming off and been reseated as is the guide cam.

I think that's an enormous PA error for exactly the same reasons as Gina. The centre of roation is out of the frame below the image as posted.

There are so many problems posted by folks using PA software. Just do a standard drift!

Olly

I would do a drift if I hand a hands on demonstration of it, I have read multiple turtoials and they might as well all be in greek to be hoenst.

Hands on ill get it, but reading instructions, might as well not bother to be honest.

Im getting to grips with PHD2 drift however by reading up posts of peoples experaince using it, the instructions are way too wordy.

i'd say stick with phd2 for pa alignment, its good..once you get your head around it, but to be honest that sort of misalignment (if it is indeed PA alignment, would just shoot the red line of the scale, in fact i doubt you would see the red line, the angle would be to great! however i will qualify it by saying "it depends how long that exposure is"

If your pa is wide ballpark then phd will get you there, i did mine again tonight and i got less than 1 arc min  easily 0.30. it took 15 to 20 mins.

just make sure that you are calibrated  at dec zero and close to the meridian but not west of it.

Ray

Archived