Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Spoon

HEQ5 set home position

evening,

can anyone tell me how to set the home position in either the synscan controller or EQMOD please, can't find it!

thanks

Cam

There's a PARK option bottom of the EQMod display......This will park the mount after you have aligned and done some viewing.....there is also a USER Defined Park Position so if in a obby the roof gets in the way it will park sideways, when unparked it goes to the normal park position, then you can GoTo and sync....

Edited by Tinker1947

I don't use EQmod but I think that you just click the home position button in the EQMod dialog pane. For Synscan  go Utilities, Show position and scroll down till you get to park scope prompt. BTW Parking the scope is only useful if the mount is either at a permanent position or in an observatory but if you move your mount in and out like I do then it is of no use what so ever unless you like to hear the motors grind and screech to a halt.

A.G

I don't use EQmod but I think that you just click the home position button in the EQMod dialog pane. For Synscan go Utilities, Show position and scroll down till you get to park scope prompt. BTW Parking the scope is only useful if the mount is either at a permanent position or in an observatory but if you move your mount in and out like I do then it is of no use what so ever unless you like to hear the motors grind and screech to a halt.

A.G

I'm getting a roll off shed when we move house (early feb) so I thought I'd get all this stuff sorted before hand :)

Thanks

Cam