Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Canon 350D & ED80

Dave Moulton

Ok Here is another Rosette

This I took on Feb this year over three nights. One of my first mosaic stacked pics.

Gradient problems got the better of me yet again.

The main issue though I think is in the stacking. If anyone has any tips or could comment I would be grateful. The corners of the imaging chip show distortions at the edge (shortcomings of my ED80) the trouble is that the slightly different camera positions used on different nights seem to have given me a larger number of mismatched stars around the edges than I am used to. I can only see this improving with a reducer/ flattener but someone may have another solution for me fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Dave

Image details:

Telescope………… Skywatcher ED80

Camera…………... Astronomiser Modded Canon 350D (Baader Mod)

Filters……………..Astronomic CLS 2”

Total Exposure ….. 210 Mins + Darks + Flats

Mount …………….EQ6 PRO with EQMOD

Guiding……………Meade DSI camera Meade 10” SCT & PHD Guide

post-14400-133877338954_thumb.jpg

It's a fine looking image to me Dave, but if any technical issues are worrying you, then maybe SteveL would give you a bit of helpful advice on this particular subject. I'm sure a focal reducer will benefit you.

CW's tweak has livened up the structure to my eyes. As to the colour, I remember reading reading somewhere that the colours matter little when imaging DSO's, and NASA even changes the Hubble colour images for commercial reasons.

Ron. :afro:

An excellent looking image Dave. As Ron said, the colour preferences are in the eye of the beholder. I do like CW's tweak in this instance, its a little different to the normal Rosette pictures.

Steve..

Thought I'd have a tea-break fiddle with this one using colour filters for a Nik Szymanek(ish) look.

Sorry about the green stars. :D

CW

(click as usual)

Tea breaks, what are tea breaks :afro: I want your job

Thanks for that, yeah I know Niks image and that now looks just like it. Watch your back Nik. Seriously it does looks cool with all the different colours coming through

Cheers for that,

Dave

It's a fine looking image to me Dave, but if any technical issues are worrying you, then maybe SteveL would give you a bit of helpful advice on this particular subject. I'm sure a focal reducer will benefit you.

CW's tweak has livened up the structure to my eyes. As to the colour, I remember reading reading somewhere that the colours matter little when imaging DSO's, and NASA even changes the Hubble colour images for commercial reasons.

Ron. :afro:

Thanks Ron. You may well be right the reducer may help. If my stars improve towards the edge then I think it may well improve things. As for colour, I take your point 100% CW's tweak did indeed liven up the image, the gradients have come back though unfortunately. I struggle with colour as well, in that when I have processed an image I can come back to it a few days later and it looks different and I have to go in and mess with it again. Are they ever finished.

Dave

Archived