Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What a difference a week makes - Ced 214

D4N

Well last week I had a nice clear night so set up to image and chose the furthest thing I could find from the moon - Cederblad 214.

This unprocessed 5 min sub is typical of what I was getting.

post-37404-141881717781_thumb.jpg

Last night I decided to have a go at the same target and took a 5 min sub.

post-37404-141881709669_thumb.jpg

All the settings were the same, the only difference was the Moon. Neither shot has been processed, just cropped and converted to jpg.

I thought I'd post this to give others an idea what the moon will do to your subs even when it's on the other side of the sky and using a UHC-S filter.

Seeing how it was so dark I decided to push it a bit more and took two 20 min subs, this is them stacked basically with multiply and given a stretch. I didn't bother with DSS or anything, no calibration frames either yet just a quick looksy since there are so few shots of this nebula around.

post-37404-141881743243_thumb.jpg

NGC7822 is also in shot bottom right

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Funny you should say that I just finished doing it now. I also just pulled the mirror out of it as I think the guide camera was picking up on the vibration.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Archived