SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DSLR filters

jgpotamus

Hello all, I have recently aquired a Canon 350D with the sensor filter changed to a Baader model. What a difference, suddenly the Horsehead is paying attention, here are three early efforts, the Rosette, Horsehead and M42 before they vanish for the Summer.

4493_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

4494_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

4495_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Clear Skies,

John Gifford.

The last 2 are lovely shots John, glad your'e getting results from it.

One thing, the Rosette is a tad overprocessed, looks unnatural,just cut it down a bit.

Hope you don't mind had a play with it in PS, levels, colours, shadow/highlite,blur.

post-13723-133877338929_thumb.jpg

They're great shots John the mod really brings out the red. The M42 is my favourite because of the vibrant colours you've brought out, What's the blue thing to the lower left of Alnitak the horsehead shot?

Sam

I was hoping someone could tell me what that blue thing is. At first I feared a camera artifact but it does not seem to appear in other bits of sky. My plan is to repeat the shot when conditions allow and see if it is consistent.

We shall see, all info gratefully recieved.

CS,

JG

Archived