Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Life on Mars: Nasa finds first hint of alien life!

JB80

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the planetary geologists at NASA thought there was photographic evidence from the  Mars rover of fossils from a biological origin, would  we would not  have heard about it by now? 

This is where conspiracy theory's are born with questions like this. I dont expect every single discovery ever made was made public knowledge, no matter how large or how small. I am sure there are plenty of things happening in the world that major players dont want to tells us about for one reason or another. I dont want to get too deep into this as this is not a conspiracy website. If NASA did notice fossil like features on Mars, maybe they didnt/havent done any press coverage on it because they haven't been able to confirm it 100% percent yet, which makes sense.

Though i do know that after the rover took the second image i posted showing the segmented fossil (?) and spheres, it ground it down with its abrasion tool to look for carbon. Not something you would expect to happen, you wouldnt see that happen to something that looks like a fossil on Earth let alone Mars.

At the end of the day with so much going on in todays world, i am of the opinion that you have to think for yourself and not expect to be spoon fed information. I look at the images and see clear evidence for fossils. Just because its not all over the news doesnt mean that this is not the case. 

Hopefully i wont get too much stick for voicing my opinion, sorry for derailing the thread a bit, back on topic!  :grin:

Callum

Just another ploy to ramp up the pressure to go an have a look, and nail the question  of yes or no?

Might take two or three visits mind you. If there is no possibility of life ever being present on Mars,

maybe then we can start to appreciate, and take better care of what life we do have here on This gem of a planet we seem hell bent

on destroying.

Ron.

I think that we must be ever vigilant to remember that Mars is not Earth and the formation of life is not in any way something we can guarantee to even remotely resemble that from earth. Most likely the reason we keep "finding" life on Mars is because we are approaching it as earthlings, where possibly, our ideas as to what fossils depict life and what fossils depict minerals for instance may in actual fact be opposites.

As someone mentioned earlier "There is life, but not as we know it." We don't really know what we are looking for.

I suppose they are being understandably cautious until they can verify life on another planet without any doubt. There have been several embarrassing false starts previously.

Indeed.

While i believe life will turn out to be relatively common in the universe. I also believe exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. The evidence so far while intriguing is far from exceptional.

Archived