Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Heritage 130p - heavier eyepieces

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about getting a Skywatcher Heritage 130/650 (http://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-heritage-130p-flextube.html) as a small budget travel dobsonian and an more manageable alternative to my 8 inch f/6 Dob... I've got a Speers Waler Zoom 5-8mm, which I'd like to use with the Heritage 130p. However, I doubt that the small dobsonian's focuser will carry the 600-700g of the SW Zoom.

Does anyone have any experience with the Skywatcher 130p and eyepieces of 1-2lbs?

CS

Yasin

I have used 500g when hanging a dslr off it but that is still less weight than your zoom eyepeice.

Certaily will need balancing and it might be that you can't as to balance it with my dslr the OTA is pretty low on the dove bar and there is probably not enough travel left to counter balance for your eyepiece.

Archived