Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturday 20th December

hobsey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a good evening had? I should have got my scope out, but a bit lazy. Transparency was pretty good, said hello to some old friendly nebulae. A bit more focal length on M42 would have been welcome.

Pity the forecast has gone plop again.

Peter

Not a bad evening at all.

Must have been a lot of moisture in the air as it wasn't as dark as we thought is was going to be.

I left at about midnight, Steve was getting quite annoyed that he has spent the last few hours trying to find the Horses Head. Hope you managed to find it in the end.

I managed to use the Star Adventurer properly for the first time but the results aren't great, don't think I'm cut out for AP. I may sell it and stick to planetary and treat myself to a HA solar scope.

Yep got it in the end. We had a bit of cloud and when that blew over it started to pop. I had been seeing the back and top of its head most of the night it was just the snout that took a while to come. It's actually a bit bigger than I imagined, having read it was tiny notch by most books. In the 20" it's a reasonable size.

Many thanks to Alan for the loan of his H-Beta filter and help identifying the exact spot.

Now I can get on with hunting those winter galaxies :)

Archived