SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

100 deg EPs to glass wearers?

YKSE

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell,

I think the largest design that can come from the 1.25inch format is a 24mm 68 degree, but something like 22.5mm would work I would have thought. I have the others in the Delos range and one of them is not parfocal but all the others are, I can't remember which it is, I may add the 17.3mm at a later date, it would be very good in the LX on Jupiter.

Alan

It's the same link John posted above, here's the link to the critical review(three strikes out):

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/485277-meade-series-5000-mwa-has-arrived/?p=6359656

I'm glad that he returned it back to Meade, they shouldn't make profit by faulse marketing.

In the above "Cloudynights" thread there is now some feedback on the 15mm Meade MWA. It too seems to have something like an 88 degree apparent field and 15-16mm of eye relief. Hopefully some reports on the quality of the views shortly. Seems very odd that Meade did not check the specs before getting the printing put on the eyepieces. An amateur can do it in a few minutes.

Interesting pre bed reading John, love the comment about  ' The Chinese Company buying and hopefully re-erecting them to former glory but are now feeding on the carcass'. I also think as was mentiond eariler in thread would have been better launching as a 90 degree with extra ER.

Lets see what the 15mm is like?

Alan.

think I have heard enough to lose interest in these, tbh I have gone a little cold accross the board but putting that down to home and work life taking its toll, hopefully this will come back.

take it easy all,  steve

Hope the interest picks up again soon Steve :smiley:

I find it waxes and wanes a bit for me at times too if thats any consolation.

I don't know if America has the same returns policy as the UK dealers have but if it were me I would just send it back if I were not happy with it. It is worth considering that the eyepieces hit the market at a lower price generally than the UK dealers can offer. I think based on what I see here if I were the UK dealer I would not be ordering anything other than a token stock as I can't see SGL members running like Mr Bolt to get them when there are already proven offerings from other companies like ExSc SW and WO. 

This has been a very good but in some ways sad thread :smiley:  :sad:

This has been a very good but in some ways sad thread :smiley:  :sad:

Totally agree Alan. 

The expectation from most of us was really evident. We all seemed to be really egging Meade on. Then came the ..................... Gutted but not unexpected ending. 

Sad. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up

Meade seems to have come out with a new serie of EPs with good ER(except 5mm), smaller in size and weight:

http://www.meade.com/series-5000-mega-wide-angle-eyepieces.html

There are a couple long threads on this series on cloudynights.com 

It seems that though eye relief is fairly long, they don't have the apparent fields claimed.

Think of them as long eye relief 85-90 degree eyepieces and you'll be closer to what they are.

Archived