Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

California Nebula in LHARGB

evansg

Yes looks very nice, great star colours also. I would say its a bit pink though and should be closer to the reds you see on the outside of the nebula but thats just my preference! Also the brightness of the 'core' of the nebula may be hiding any details that lie within. Hope you dont mind this constructive criticism :) 

Callum 

I think that's good. I like the star colour and general colour balance. Where I do think the data has more to give is in local contrasts. The nebula is a little flat as it stands. If you have Pixinsight then LHE would be a good routine to run. An O111 layer would also bring more contrast - but this is a lovely image.

Olly

Thanks,

>> Hope you dont mind this constructive criticism :) 

Of course not! The reason we upload images is the constructive criticism (and thoughts) too :)

Olly I agree with you, This target is full of Red / Ha. It surpasses all other colors. OIII could help a lot. I'll try to give more contrast using pixinsight functions.

Archived