SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Andromeda mosaic

RobH

Hello all,

Here's a 3 pane mosaic of M31.

I originally planned it to be in colour but forgot to do the RGB for 2 of the frames :afro:....the only RGB is my 'Andromeda core'

Had a pretty hard time getting the backgrounds to blend correctly.

I ended up aligning everything in Maxim, with maxims mosaic function, but swithched off the bit where it equalises the background levels as it was doing the opposite :D

I opened the 3 panes in Photoshop and, after a few goes and a bit of trial and error, matched them up.

I then ran a couple of instances of gradient xterminator, a bit of layer masking and rubbing through and got it about as close as I think I can.

Not great but it's only my second try at a mosaic, so it's been an interesting learning process.

Wish I'd got the colour data though....oh well, guess I'll have to be patient and wait until the autumn :D

Scope-WOZS80FD

Atik 16HR

2 minute subs, 20 on each frame....could have done with more really.

First image is reduced in size, second is full size but has suffered a bit in the conversion to Jpeg and in trying to keep the file size low enough to post.

Cheers

Rob

Excellent Mosaic Rob. It's a personal thing, but the lack of RGB in the outer arms gives M31 a kind of Ghostly appearence - I like it. You've captured lots of data in there and done an excellent job of stitching together.

Steve..

Archived