Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion future learn

Goonrdolly

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I've also done the full weeks material in the space of a couple of hours. I'm new to astronomy and also found the first week of the course basic. Let's hope there's a little more to it next week. It's free so I can't really grumble.

Yes it was a bit 'basic'. Was starting to loose interest a bit, but then they got to the Gaia stuff. I went off and followed a few links from the ESA site, and found some info on L2 Lagrange points. Also came across Stellar Kinematics, Stellar Dynamics, and the difference between the two, which I hadn't picked up on before. So all in all, a worth while session. Hope it goes a bit deeper next week.

Ray

I think it is because it has to be suitable for people that know nothing. It does seem very basic at the moment, you can download the pdf's at the bottom of each page , some additional things to read to take you to next week.

Lets hope it warms up next week .

Just a boost. For anyone who decided to abandon after week one (myself also considered), Week 2 is so far following a course with actual content and is well worth reconsidering.

Let's face it, if I abandon, then it is my loss, and more fool me.

WK2 so far is light years ahead of WK1 (or behind, depending on celestial view point) and IMHO I'm learning things.:)

Week 2 has a bit more meat to it so hang on :)

Yes so far it is a bit basic stuff but it can be a good refresh for advanced learners and it is easy enough to not put off the beginners.

Website is easy to navigate, you can download the videos and pdf  and... it is free, so I won't complain ;)

Yes, last week was interesting and certainly learnt quite a few things. This week definitely has a lot of interest by the looks of it so I'm glad I continued past week 1. I wonder how many dropped out sheer disappointment of the content from week 1 of which could have been so easy to do.

Yup, enjoying Wk3 - a bit more thought-provoking.

I was initially a bit disappointed by Wk1 as, from the course title, I was expecting a bit more of an in-depth look at Orion and everything within that region.  No matter though, it persuaded me to follow a few angles I might not otherwise have thought about, and I ended learning more than I expected.  But for me this week is the most involving so far, and I'm glad I stuck with the course. 

Archived