Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Absolute beginner help!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks gnomus! That sounds exactly the problem I have! And thanks to everyone on here for your help!

What a great site this is! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are very welcome.  I hope you are all sorted now.

Hi as a new boy too with a new telescope I found when I had a old telescope that I had the same problem to start with

My solution is as stated above 25 mm eye piece mounted as pics above.

point the telescope as best you can towards the moon.

look through the eye piece adjust the focal nob to where you can see a brightest shape 

if the brightest part is off to one side or up and down you will know the telescope is only

capturing the surrounding  light and not directly at the moon then move the telescope very

slowly mm by mm at a time left, right up & down  if it gets dimmer return to last position do the same for the rest of

the left right up & down you will soon get the hang of it its like it may take a couple of goes to get it right but it

worth persisting with. make sure you adjust the focus nob to bring it into full focus at each adjustment.

when you finally find the moon adjust the view finder so its smack in the middle

move the telescope away point the view finder to the moon and should be there or very close.

as suggested before looking through the scope on something a mile away House tree tower church something like that

you can adjust the view finder as above post..

only my way if it helps

• 2 weeks later...

Archived