Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium alignment issue's

Not been out gazing for as few months so managed to get out tonight for an hour or 2 of some simple observing, also making sure all is good for the up coming months (i find christmas time good observing).

Well on to my "little" issue, 

My set up is all housed in an obsy, on a pier and running via Stellarium/Eqmod, EQ5 200P.

After being switched on and PC running i started EQmod and all was working fine, then started Stellarium and that is working fine so very pleased at this point, (not been on for at least 4 months) all this is working with the hand controller in PC direct mode.

I never went into entering date, time, location as all this data should be kept once scope is "parked" if using EQmode etc.

So far so good, just to check things are working i slewed the scope to Vega, via Stellarium, of it went but was a few degrees of target, Stellarium was saying bang on of course but the scope was of target.

My question is, can i some how align the scope to the selected target without going into the handset using 2 star alignment etc?

i cant seem to find anything within Stellarium to do this, if i just loosen the clutches on the mount and move it that way will that work and not mess anything else up?

or has Stellarium got a function to do this?, move the the cursor/rectical on the screen.

on the screen where you select slew on stellarium there is a drop down where you can select sync, slew the scope using on screen control in EQmod to align with the target object then click sync.

Andy

on the screen where you select slew on stellarium there is a drop down where you can select sync, slew the scope using on screen control in EQmod to align with the target object then click sync.

Andy

Ahh that sounds easy enough, thanks Andy

most learn to explore these programmes more......but it was dark  :icon_mrgreen:

Will this then stay aligned when turned off? 

I believe the date and times in stellarium or EQmode are used so no need to input the data in the handset, I didn't enter anything tonight and it was only a little out. I could be wrong of course but it was only a little out, could most likely be to more poor alignment from way back

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free (I like free)

You need to align every session unless your mount has encoders.

I have the NEQ6 pro and a 3 star alignment takes less than 3 mins at the start of every session.

Andy

Not if you have a permanently sited mount and use EQMOD you don't - you just save your alignment, park and next seesion you just unpark and have EQMOD automatically load the previous alignment map.

Irrespective of whether you have hardware encoders or not, if you disasemble/move the mount each night you will need to re-align.

Chris.

Archived