Sunday Sun

Luke

Small patch of clear just gone and more coming. AR12222 still worth a look and opposite limb fleeting view of two decent proms.

Seeing here, ish to touch below ish. Might switch from 120mm to 85.

Good luck, folks...

Oooh, some decent proms spread around, 2nd bite is here.

Nice one Luke :smiley:

The sun is just starting to peep from behind the clouds here so I should be able to get some time in, the forecast says it should be clearing around 2pm here so I will pop out for dinner in the meantime :laugh:

Good luck for 2pm onwards, Shaun!

Second clearing lasted just long enough. I stuck with the 120, seeing improved a touch to ish. Got my main h-a imaging session in then could see cloud moving in further away, so switched to visual to make sure we got some eyepiece time...

Proms were a bit fainter than I was expecting having seen them on the lappy screen with the gain ramped up to max. But they were sweet and rewarding when you spent a ilttle time on them. Same as the disc, at first glance, not too much going on, but there was plenty of detail to explore on closer inspection.

My favourite bit was The Wizard Prom. Arching backwards, you could see lightning bolts from his fingertips and he'd zapped somebody that should have known better than to mess with him. The zapped person was hidden by a puff of white smoke, but I think a frog will emerge. Or said another way, there were two columns arching away from each other with thin connections shooting between them.

Got the gear packed away just in time before it started raining. :clouds2:

'The Wizard', eh!? Man, you're rockin! Careful you don't OD on Ha!

Saw the prom(s) you mention and you describe well. Several other, fainter proms around the limb but The Wizard blew them away.

Keep on rockin ...

LoL @ wizard prom too :smiley: Luke sure has an excellent imagination for prom shapes .. I do believe there was a Chinese Junk in one of his descriptions last summer :grin: and it did look like one :shocked:

Archived