Words you don't want to hear today

Davey-T

The Sun is out the sky is blue just waiting for it to come into view (poetry even) and I hear the words dreaded by Solar observers everywhere.

I want to go shopping ! grit teeth, count to ten, smile sweetly and say "in a while, just going down the obs'y, won't be long.

Is my nose growing  :grin:

Dave

I took the family to the NEC antiques fair and hid the scope and tripod in the boot. The plan was to see them into the building then double back and return to the car park ,and avoid Security long enough to set up and image before anyone noticed I was missing. But it turns out to be a long bus ride from the car park, so the scope stayed in the boot while the sun shone the whole afternoon. Oh the pain...

We had guests today but I was lucky it was clear and pretty cloudless from the off so I could get my fix in before they arrived. Last year's visit, as I said in another thread, I sneaked out while doing the washing up! Quick full disc :grin: Iain, foiled but I love your plan and thinking. If it's any consolation, the proms were not super mega spectacular (at least, when I looked). I'm still wincing from missing the big lift off on Nov 9th! Might get over it by next year :grin:

Archived