New set up

Hi
I have recently purchased a new "Celestron Advanced VX 8 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope".
Great scope but not that comfortable on the eyes and on the back.

So... I have just added a "William Optics Binoviewer" which comes with 2 x 20mm EP's and a 1.6 Barlow, Eye strain GONE!! Brilliant.

To save my back looking though the supplied finderscope I invested in a "Right angled Celestron Illuminated RACI Finderscope" Back ache GONE!! Supper brilliant.

Finally I find the standard 13/25 moon filters not dark enough so in for a pound in for a penny I invested in a "Variable Polarizing Moon Filter" This adjusts from 1-40 and although only managed 2 minutes moon viewing (cloud) the eye relief is excellent!!

So if anyone wants to improve there comfort I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE ITEMS, well worth the extra money.

All I need now is to have some clears sky’s, anyone now where to get in the UK?

Hope this helps others deciding what to get.

If your looking for clear skies You need to do a little research. Using a pin place it anywhere on a map, then check that no person has bought a telescope in the past 48 hours this must cover an area of 120 miles diameter from the pin. There you go clear skies good luck hope you get to use your new kit very soon

Archived