Visiting Observatories on La Palma

Chris S

I'm going to La Palma for a week in January and plan to go on a tour of one of the observatories. I have tried to book for the tour online, on the observatories web site but the booking form wants to know my ID number and it is a compulsory field.   Is it my passport number, national insurance number,  or some other number?  Can anyone who has been and used the online booking shead any light on this.

I'm going to La Palma for a week in January and plan to go on a tour of one of the observatories. I have tried to book for the tour online, on the observatories web site but the booking form wants to know my ID number and it is a compulsory field.   Is it my passport number, national insurance number,  or some other number?  Can anyone who has been and used the online booking shead any light on this.

They love their ID numbers in Spain. I'd just slap in your passport number. You may have to produce your ID when you embark on the tour, so take it with you. (In fact, it's always wise to carry ID when in Spain and it's mandatory to have your photo driving licence when you're driving).

For a foreigner they should accept your passport number, if not then it is just their system and you may have to call or email them to sort it out but it will be your passport and they will accept it.

Thanks for the advice. Passport number has worked and have my visit booked for early January.

I am taking my Swarovski scope, its only 65mm but wonderful quality, robust, waterproof and lightweight with a wide angle zoom eyepiece and a good pair of bins so not a bad travalling set up.

Chris 

Archived