Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC281 Pacman Complete + California tester (130pds)

Uranium235

An unexpected clear spell last night allowed me to do a couple of things. Firstly to top up the Ha lum channel for NGC281, and then frame up and throw a few test subs at something Ive tried before - but never really gotten anything worth posting.

The main problem when processing the California was possibly the worst gradient ive had to deal with, quite difficult when you have to stitch two panes together and have matching background levels. In fact one corner (bottom right) is a real "cut n' shut" job becuase that was the one closest to the Moon - ive also had to crop a fair bit so I'll probably end up chucking that data in favour of something a little less "mooney".

The Pacman has also been tweaked in the colour department, and Ive processed it in favour of the inner detail rather than chase the outer wispy bits.

NGC281

16x900 (Ha) L, 10x900 Ha_R, 10x450 OIII_G&B (2x2bin)

NGC1499:

6x600 (Ha) 2x2bin x2 panes

15946032581_85661e1ddd_b.jpg

Cropped version:

15922215176_5751a70187_b.jpg

California WIP

15922390096_c768b59d50_b.jpg

Good luck with Navi!

Ummmm yeah... there does seem to be a bit of a monster star in shot ;)  Will have to deploy a bit of star control on that one.

y cas is also harder than I thought it would be, two hours binned is normally enough to suck up something decent for most objects - but that particular nebula would require double data to get it right. The full Moon didnt help either with getting the dimmer parts, no need for a torch whatsoever!

One of the best images of the Pacman that I have seen, the colouring and the detail are just amazing.

Regards,

A.G

Thanks :) but im not so sure about being the best ;) Tim's version of this is the definitive Pacman.

Im hoping to use this colour scheme a lot more often, all I need to do is tame the bloat in the blue stars I get when pre-processing the OIII (pre-processing is a requirement for this colour scheme).

Archived