Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Jupiter with zwo120mc

Gadget

First try with new cam taken 30/11/14 around 2.50am its been a while since I have attempted any imaging but 120mc is a real good step up from my trusty spc        quite pleased with first go but any pointers would be appreciated

thx

Kevin    

post-3957-0-22833400-1417720852.jpg

Nice !!!!!!!!

Thank you  starlight

Really nice , well done ... Maybe a bit too purple but who really knows what colour it should be

Thx Knobby    yes I thought that but was not sure how to change it but will have a play with it just to see what does what

Nice and sharp. Colour balance is a bit off, but that can easily be sorted out with curves. A Barlow could be used to increase the image scale, perhaps. The AS I120 works best around F/20 in my experience.

Thx Michael   have got a 2.5 powermate but was not sure if it would be to much so didn't try it but maybe if get good conditions might be worth a try then  is curves the histogram setting I had a look but worried about moving about it thx again 

Good advice there from Michael, when processing in Registax, use the autobalance feature, the colour should come right.

Cheers

Harvey

Thx Harvey  I will look at that not really gone into the other stuff registax can do yet  

You could try the PowerMate, but F/25 may be a bit much. I tend to use my TeleXtender 2.0x. I use curves in the colour menu in GIMP, basically this allows changing the relative brightness of the R, G, and B channels, along with options similar to gamma correction. I do not know what the equivalent in Photoshop is called.

Thx for the advice all   just used the colour balance in registax only the auto setting though and it changed it a little is this going in the right direction for getting a more natural colour

thx

Kev   

post-3957-0-27935100-1417728853.jpg

Archived