Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone meet ups approaching?

ryandsimmons

Hi Buddy

With the full moon approaching its gonna be a week or so before I get the scopes out. Whereabouts are you? and what kinda help do you need?

Maybe we could arrange a pub meet so we can all get together, and have a chin wag.. its been a while since we all met up. ???

Hi Buddy

With the full moon approaching its gonna be a week or so before I get the scopes out. Whereabouts are you? and what kinda help do you need?

Maybe we could arrange a pub meet so we can all get together, and have a chin wag.. its been a while since we all met up. ???

Hi,

I am in Horley, so right near lovely Gatwick polluted skies!  Pity about the full moon tomorrow as it is supposed to be a clear night as well.

To be honest I am not really sure what help I need, I have picked up everything I can from here and a couple of Astronomia courses, but I always have that nagging suspicion I am missing something.  What I would ideally like is someone just to watch me set up my scope for imaging, as I am sure that there are tips and tricks that are obvious to more experienced hands that I am blithely missing.  Or even just glance an eye over the completed set up.

For instance I am sure I am missing something somewhere when it comes to polar alignment.  I am following all the instructions, doing the 2 star plus guides, then scope polar alignment but am still struggling at times to get exposures of any length at all.  I am sure if someone with experience actually glanced at me they would probably say "wrong star, it is easier using that one" or something as simple as that.

Cheers

Ryan

Archived