SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

STARPARTY 4.0

As you all know Bernie (supernova) was arranging a star party! Just to let you know that I've now arranged all this for him and looking at the lunar calendar, the first weekend in MAY looks to be best! As some of you know, the star party I arranged last year was a great success thanks to everyone and I'm hoping to do the same again!

OK the camp site is here http://www.churchfarmcandcpark.co.uk/ and the postcode is SP5 5ND

The prices are £5.50 per night per adult and £2.25 per night for electric!

I would be very grateful if you can Put your names below so i can get a good count for the Campsite

The dates are from Thursday the 1st to Monday the 5th

Hope for a big response

Darren :afro:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SGL 4 is most likely to happen now in AUGUST.

The moon is less of an issue in the summer. So the thinking is that the 9th - 16th would be good.

We have a moon that sets before midnight at the beginning of the week. The Perseids on the 11th / 12th. We also have a lunar eclipse at the end of the week.

It's the school holidays, which means that the kids can go (stay up a little later), and you're taking time off of work during the school holidays which is always preferable.

I believe that Daz has already asked Helen to have a look at the suggested site.

Ant

Pencil me in Darren but I'll have to confirm I can book some time off work first. I'd like to attend the whole event this time unless the weather forecast is grim. Any long range forecasts available from your flying contacts?

I won't need electrickery, just space for my little car, little tent, little me and big dob.

Will an Ethos eyepiece get me free admission? :afro: only joking :D

I'm confused though, shouldn't this be called SGL3.75 or something? :D - I can't find any information on the official SGL4 apart from these threads started last year by Daz and I can't find any mention of it being moved to August (apart from the posts in here). I know Daz has had frustrations finding a suitable site to suit everyone. Personally, I don't mind where it is.

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,13834.0.html

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php/topic,19937.0.html

Ian

Am I correct in thinking Helen is investigating possible sites at the moment. Not a task that can be done quickly I would Imagine.

I'm sure she will contact Daz. as soon as she has something to report.

:afro:

I am fervently hoping that the date chosen does not clash with August 6th. <> August 14th.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been in touch with Darren and the final date is--

Thursday 1st May to Monday 5Th May

At Summerlands campsite.

Coombe Bisset.

Sorry about the confusion :lol:

But it is sorted now ;)

If you can make it please let Darren [stargazer 1980]

or myself Bernie [supernova] know by next W/E so we can sort numbers.

Be there or you cant look through my cannon.

:(:):lol:

Bernie.

Can I just be a little pedantic - this is not really SGL 4 but more of a local meeting arranged by Darren and Bernie.

Its a great little site though, and if the weather holds up I'm sure the views and skies will be fantastic.

Have a great time and don't forget the piccies!!

Archived