2nd Ever capture of Jupiter

cuivenion

Thanks for the replies! I used an old skywatcher barlow without the lens as an extension tube and spaced things out as much as I could between the Barlow and the sensor. It's probably about the equivelent of a x3 barlow, the OTA is the F5 version so it'd make it about F15 when barlowed give or take.

I also had an IR filter this time around and I think it has made a big difference. Tonight was the first time looking at Jupiter through the 200p and I was pretty much blown away. Once Jupiter was high in the sky I could see a lot of detail visually through my barlowed 8mm, including the shadow cast on it's surface by one of the moons as it went past.

The 130p was good on Jupiter but the image scale was so much larger while still being very crisp with the 200p so it made for much more comfortable viewing.

Thought I'd managed to track down Uranus last night but unfortunately it wasn't to be, couldn't track down any new galaxys either. Still managed to find 5 new messiers though so all in all a cracking night

Archived