Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ring Nebula in Lyra

At least you didn't do what I did: 

Spent around 2-3 hours over 4 or 5 sessions eye-straining to get it in my 10x50 binoculars.  I later discovered with both disappointment and relief that it is not even obtainable with 10x50's.  I thought I was going insane........ :icon_redface:

Seen it clearly with 105mm aperture @ low magnification.  A few well know cereals popped into my head when I viewed it with the 10inch. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you didn't do what I did:

Spent around 2-3 hours over 4 or 5 sessions eye-straining to get it in my 10x50 binoculars. I later discovered with both disappointment and relief that it is not even obtainable with 10x50's. I thought I was going insane........ :icon_redface:

Seen it clearly with 105mm aperture @ low magnification. A few well know cereals popped into my head when I viewed it with the 10inch.

It's doable in good conditions with 15x50's with which I get down to around mag 9.5 from my garden. You don't see the ring of course, just a slightly defocussed star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived